Driving innovation in Agriculture is essential to put Africa on the mark for food security. The Agribusiness East Africa Conference, a multi-stakeholder event with representatives from government, commercial farmers, associations, donor organizations, investment community, agro-processors is a focused event, geared towards attracting the entire agribusiness spectrum: input suppliers, agro-processors, traders, exporters, retailers, commercial farmers, processors, policy makers, government and associations.
The event will be a conference and exhibition running over two days. From 28-29 January 2014, the Serna Hotel in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, will be the epicentre of driving innovation for agricultural development in East Africa.
This two day interactive forum organised by Spintelligent will bring regional and international stakeholders together to examine critical issues surrounding regional trade, harmonisation of standards, import & export legislation, the role of the private sector, and infrastructure development.
By attending, you will benefit from case studies from technical experts and forge new relationships with potential partners looking to advance their position in East Africa.
Issues to be examined include:
- The role of agriculture in the region & strategies to improve competitiveness
- Infrastructure development for an enabling agribusiness sector
- Access to finance and implementation of investment funds
- Promotion of inter-regional trade and export o Harmonization on standards o Customs, levies and duties
- Case studies, highlighting best practice and sharing of technical expertise
- Increasing inclusion of more small scale farmers into the commercial net
- How to enhance co-operation to advance the overall environment for agricultural business
- The role of the private sector
VIP Farmers’ Campaign
50 commercial farmers will be eligible to qualify for the VIP Farmers’ Campaign, and attend the conference and exhibition for free. Applicants need to apply before 6 December 2013 to be considered. NOTE: *transport and accommodation are on the farmers own account. Apply online or mail email@example.com
BOOK YOUR SEAT before 7 December and save up to 10% off your delegate registration! For more information about the conference, speakers and how you can be a part of the conference, click here for details.