The scheme is aimed at addressing the problems of youth unemployment provide necessary entrepreneur skills for the selected Agricultural graduates and link them with selected financial institutions that will provide them loans to engage on agricultural enterprise of their choice.
Participation in the scheme is open to both male and female candidates desiring to take career in agricultural enterprises.Requirements for participation Any of the participant should fulfill the following conditions among others
1. Be a Nigerian with evidence
2. Be physically fit and willing to work hard
3. Have interest in Agricultural production/enterprise
4. Be between 22 and 39 years of age
5. Have a solid agricultural production background
6. Have minimum Bachelor Degree or Higher National Diploma in Agriculture or related disciplines
7. Must have completed NYSC at the time of application
8. Be prepared to take up career in agricultural based enterprises such as arable crop production, fish production, poultry production, e.t.c
9. Be interested in arable crop production and have evidence of access (Not necessarily ownership) to a minimum of 2- 3ha of land for raining season arable crop production OR a minimum of 0.5-1ha land for dry season/irrigation arable crop production OR
10. Be interested in livestock/poultry/fishery enterprise or production and have evidence or production and evidence of facilities (such as land space, water etc.) that support the enterprises
11. Pass a written test prior to final selection
12. Prepare a pro-forma business plan of agricultural enterprise of their choice.
Method of ApplicationWritten application including concrete information in respect of each of the above requirements together with a letter signed by chairman or secretary of the candidate’s local qualification or relevant documents and (3) references (including the community leader of the applicant and a senior civil servant of the rank not less than Assistant director in the Federal civil service or a Deputy Director in a state civil service) should be forwarded to the address below within 3 weeks of this advertisement.The Executive Director
ARMTI Km18, Ilorin-Ajase –Ipo Road
P.M.B 1343 Ilorin, Kwara State.
Published on The Guardian Newspapers Page 66, 08/07/2014